Our Gas Safe registered engineers can remove, install a gas fire, and service your fire.
For many homes a fire is often the focal point of your room, offering heat to assist your other heating products whilst also offering an attractive centre piece to compliment your surrounding decor. A gas fire can create and enhance your lounge to offer a warm, cosy feel whilst also being an efficient source of heat. A flueless gas fire can offer even more flexibility in terms of installation and matching your decor.
Flueless or conventional fire?
Throughout the UK flueless gas fires are a relatively new phenomenon, however throughout the USA, Japan and Australia flueless gas fires are widely used and have been for many years. The technology behind flueless gas fires are similar to that of a modern catalytic converter in a car. Flueless gas fires provide a safe 100% efficient fire without the need of a chimney or flue.
- 100% efficient
- No problems with associated flues or chimney
- Can be mounted on practically any inside or outside wall and location
- Can be installed in practically any room (excluding sleeping areas and bathrooms)
- All fires feature safety sensors such as oxygen depletion sensors
- Many models, styles and finishes available
- Inset and wall hung models available
Conventional gas fires generally refer to class 1 gas fires, these are fires that use a chimney stack or pot.
- Use your original chimney or flue
- A wide choice of designs and finishes
- Easy to install
- Wide range of heat outputs
- Ideal with traditionally designed homes
If you are looking to change to an electric fire or remove the fire completely we are able to safely remove your current fire for you and then complete your new gas fire installation
As with a boiler, a gas fire should receive an annual service, not only could this save you money but it will ensure the fire is working correctly and not allowing high levels of co2 or C0 into your room.
What’s included in our fire service?:
- Full visual inspection of the fire and flue
- Inspection and clean of catchment space and main burner
- Full safety checks of gas supply and fire components
- Flue flow and spillage checks to ensure the fire is operating correctly and efficiently
- Gas service certificate as a record
- A annual reminder with no commitment needed